Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Heart motif

416356832_a134d9c063_m.jpg 

I originally made it in Caron SS as something to include in my Gram's care package I sent out. As is, it would make a great embelishment or decoraction on clothes, bags etc or just a little pretty to hang on her granny-mobile (walker with wheels). I also thought that if you made it in cotton it would make a great coaster or even a little scrubbie for the dishes.

I made it up mostly. I started with a standard granny and then made the 'lobes'. I got the idea from a bookmark pattern, but wanted a granny in the middle.
Ok, here goes the 'official' directions:
G hook, ww yarn.
ch 3, join into a circle
round 1:Ch 2, 3 DC, ch 2, (3dc, ch 2) 3 times, join with sl st to ch2. ch 2 and turn
round 2: (2dc, ch2, 3dc in ch2 corner) ch 1, *(3dc, ch2, 3dc, ch1) in remaining 3 corners, join with sl st. ch 4, turn.
Round 3: 11 tr in ch 1 sp, sl st into ch2 corner, sl st in next 2 st and ch1 sp, ch 4, 11 tr in ch 1 sp (both 'lobes' made), sl into ch 2 corner,ch 1, sc around, 2 sc in point, continuing around both lobes, sl in the middle of the two tr clusters to create dip between lobes, join with sl in 1st sc
round 4: rsc in each sc around, join and fasten off.

No comments:

Post a Comment